Attorney Stacey B. Rice
Backed by 19 Years of Courtroom Experience
Although Attorney Stacey Rice once served as a prosecutor in Anne Arundel County, she has focused her practice primarily on family law cases since 2006. She has the compassion, experience, and dedication to strongly represent clients through family law cases, including those which involve:
Ms. Rice understands the complexities of her cases, whether the case involves high conflict custody issues or complicated assets and finances.
While Ms. Rice promotes settlement of her cases, based upon her belief that an amicable divorce is better for her client’s family—both emotionally and economically, she is a trial attorney with over 19 years of courtroom experience.
Her Commitment to Clients
In every case, she uses her knowledge and skill in family law cases and heartfelt empathy for how clients are feeling to build confidence within her clients. Ms. Rice assists her clients as they navigate through the process of a family law case by sharing with them:
- Her vast knowledge of the law
- Her prior experiences in the various jurisdictions
- Her own experiences when she went through a divorce years ago
Experience as an Educator
Ms. Rice is an adjunct professor at the University of Baltimore School of Law and teaches courses in the Post J.D. Certificate in Family Law. She is a former adjunct professor at Anne Arundel Community College from 2007-2014, teaching both criminal law and introduction to paralegal studies.
Most importantly, she is happily married and is the mother of three amazing children. In her spare time, she enjoys running and volunteering at the Annapolis SPCA.
- University of Baltimore School of Law – Juris Doctor, cum laude, May 2000
- American University – Washington Semester Program: Justice and Law, Fall 1992
- Rollins College – Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, May 1994
- Admitted, Maryland State Bar, June 2001
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association
- Member Anne Arundel County Bar Association
- Board of Trustees Anne Arundel County Bar Association, 2005-2014
- President, Anne Arundel County Bar Association, 2018
- Treasurer, Ann Arundel County Bar Association, 2016-2017
- Secretary, Anne Arundel County Bar Association, 2015-2016
- Assistant Secretary, Anne Arundel County Bar Association, 2014-2015
- Chair, Community Service Division, Anne Arundel County Bar Association, 2011-2012
- Member, Maryland Criminal Defense Attorneys’ Association, 2005-2012
- Chair, Character Committee of the Court of Appeals of Maryland 2010-present
- Mentor, Court of Appeals Mentoring Program
- Appointed, Best Interest/Child Advocate Attorney, Anne Arundel County
- Appointed, Member, Judicial Nominating Committee 2016
Awards & Accolades
- Maryland Super Lawyer, Family Law, 2013, 2014. 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Maryland Super Lawyer, Top 50 Women, 2016, 2018
- Leading Lawyer, Family Law, What’s Up Annapolis Magazine, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Leading Lawyer, Criminal Law, What’s Up Annapolis Magazine 2009
- Who’s Who of Top Attorneys, Family Law 2016, 2017
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, Top 10 Best Attorneys, Client Satisfaction Award, 2016
Our legal team is recognized and respected by court staff, judges, and attorneys throughout Anne Arundel County.
Empathy & Compassion
Many attorneys are so focused on results they ignore their clients' needs. We take the time to understand your situation.
Experience & Determination
We have more than 45 years of combined litigation experience and have an unmatched work ethic.
Lawyers Who Are Litigators
Our legal team is composed of attorneys who are former prosecutors and a Court of Appeals clerk.